an email I wrote while in China 4 days after getting Mikaela.
Sent : December 2, 2006 11:26:03 AM
To : reisr84@hotmail.com
Hi there
had a moment and thought I would drop you a line about this crazy amazing experience I am going thru. So I got this little baby 4 days ago; At first when they handed her to me she burst out crying, she was so heavy and it was hot... I thought oh my God I am not sure what I am supposed to feel right now. I spent the next 35 minutes calming and soothing her as any reasonable person would do. The CCAC office was complete chaos with babies crying and all so it just flashed by like a crazy dream. Then I took home my little bundle and as soon as we got to the hotel room Mark had to go somewhere. Mikaela had a meltdown upon entering the room. I did not know what to do... the minutes could not pass fast enough for Mark to come back as I felt frustrated and overwhelmed. I secretly thought oh my god what have I done? Sure she was cute as a button but I suddently felt like my existence would never be the same. I was sweating bullets literally and figuratively.
So here we are 4 days later and I am writing you an email to tell you what my heart is feeling now. I am just so totally in love, in love like a happy big in love. She got to know me and I got to know her and she has captured my heart in a way that is undescribable. She makes me laugh non stop, she inspires me, she makes me feel like I would and could do anything for her. She is beautiful, funny, feisty, smart, has a huge appetite and a laughter that is the sweetest sound I have ever heard in my life. She loves life and carries a charm and joie de vivre that is infectious... The whole group is in love with her... I love waking up to see her.We play in the bathtub and it is pure heaven. We play all day long... as I am writing this I just heard her cry as she was hungry... feeding her and making her feel better is pure heaven... she makes me very happy and excited in ways I never could have imagined. she has totally captured my heart in just 4 days.
As for Mark we are becoming a family and it actually is going well... he is adorable with her. I see in his eyes such a joy that I cannot help but love seeing this so much. He seems much more relaxed as well and seems to be taking on his role as the father, male of the family - the great protector if you will with great joy.
Mikaela came to us with a cold and of course we both got it; we are both quite sick but everytime I look at her I do not even feel the pain. That is not like me.... but life feels like so much fun right now.
had to share this with you- I never could have ever imagined it could be this magical and delicious.
just some thoughts for today from a very happy mommy.
To : reisr84@hotmail.com
Hi there
had a moment and thought I would drop you a line about this crazy amazing experience I am going thru. So I got this little baby 4 days ago; At first when they handed her to me she burst out crying, she was so heavy and it was hot... I thought oh my God I am not sure what I am supposed to feel right now. I spent the next 35 minutes calming and soothing her as any reasonable person would do. The CCAC office was complete chaos with babies crying and all so it just flashed by like a crazy dream. Then I took home my little bundle and as soon as we got to the hotel room Mark had to go somewhere. Mikaela had a meltdown upon entering the room. I did not know what to do... the minutes could not pass fast enough for Mark to come back as I felt frustrated and overwhelmed. I secretly thought oh my god what have I done? Sure she was cute as a button but I suddently felt like my existence would never be the same. I was sweating bullets literally and figuratively.
So here we are 4 days later and I am writing you an email to tell you what my heart is feeling now. I am just so totally in love, in love like a happy big in love. She got to know me and I got to know her and she has captured my heart in a way that is undescribable. She makes me laugh non stop, she inspires me, she makes me feel like I would and could do anything for her. She is beautiful, funny, feisty, smart, has a huge appetite and a laughter that is the sweetest sound I have ever heard in my life. She loves life and carries a charm and joie de vivre that is infectious... The whole group is in love with her... I love waking up to see her.We play in the bathtub and it is pure heaven. We play all day long... as I am writing this I just heard her cry as she was hungry... feeding her and making her feel better is pure heaven... she makes me very happy and excited in ways I never could have imagined. she has totally captured my heart in just 4 days.
As for Mark we are becoming a family and it actually is going well... he is adorable with her. I see in his eyes such a joy that I cannot help but love seeing this so much. He seems much more relaxed as well and seems to be taking on his role as the father, male of the family - the great protector if you will with great joy.
Mikaela came to us with a cold and of course we both got it; we are both quite sick but everytime I look at her I do not even feel the pain. That is not like me.... but life feels like so much fun right now.
had to share this with you- I never could have ever imagined it could be this magical and delicious.
just some thoughts for today from a very happy mommy.

2 Comments:
That is so beautiful. Honest and open. Thank you for sharing it.
Keep smilin!
Sandra, wow, what a touching and heart felt email. See, I told you that you would find out just how powerful love can be once you got this baby.
This is something that happens to most parents.It catches everyone by surprise. I remember telling a friend shortly after I had my first son, that I never knew I could love someone so much. She said, she knew exactly how I felt because she also felt that way about her kids.
So, Sandra, welcome to the never ending wonderful roller coaster ride of motherhood. However, hold on tight because sometime the ride will be smooth and sometimes this ride will get bumpy.
Hugs, Nelly
Post a Comment
<< Home