Wednesday, November 29, 2006

they call this falling in love...








ok I will admit it - since this is day 3 of having Mikaela I can now recognize that the first day was a tad overwhelming... There were sweat beads on us all day... Mikaela's personality has really started to show today just like we were told it would. It is exactly 72 hours (the grieving period) and she clearly feels safer and relaxed now and I guess we do too. What can I say about her? She is an incredible character- feisty, strong, funny as hell, sweet in a way that breaks your heart. She love loves to eat and play and sleep. She is razor smart in our biased opinion; already knows how to shake her head to say no and imitate us in many ways. she loves to sing and move her tongue sideways at the same time. We kept the first 72 hours low key as we have been taught to do and it really payed off. she seems to be in great shape today much better than day 1. getting her to bed last night only took 10 minutes and she slept in crib for 10 hours with just a few stirs in the night. I keep thinking of Maite who always said it takes time for attachment to happen and that an instant love affair is a movie event. Today that seems very clear as the process has definitely started. we have taken a million pictures so bare with us; if you are bored just move on. we are obsessed with her. we have been on outings every day which really throws you into parenthood with strollers, high chairs, snuglies, and preparing yourself for the day which takes a tad longer with an infant. But we have done pretty well; check out the pictures to see for yourself.



chongqing zoo-yes that is a real giraffe!



5 Comments:

Blogger 4D said...

You guys hve Mommy and Daddy glow! You look like a Mom! So happy for you. Enjoy this time.

Keep smilin!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! Your pictures are beautful! Give Mikaela a big hug and kiss from her "Firm" aunts! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly

6:57 AM  
Blogger SSLori2003 said...

What a beautiful family! I have worked hard to read all of your blog since returning from Columbia last month. I got caught up last week just as the best part of the story was beginning!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you all.

Much love,
Lori

4:11 PM  
Blogger Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

Love is a wonderful thing! :)

Once you get home and things settle, I am sure you will see lots of changes again, too.

7:23 PM  
Blogger nycrican2 said...

Wow, it finally happened. You have that baby to hold in your arms and call your own. It is just the most amazing feeling in the world. You two are now officially parents and I know you guys will do an outstanding job. Congrats!!

Hugs, Nelly xoxoxo

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home